Friday 18 July 2014

The Headless Horseman

A couple of years ago I progressed on quite a bit on a Gothic Horror project, the plan is/was to run a series of linked stories for several gamers at the Wells Club. Due to various reasons, they haven't really started yet but I felt the need to paint something from what I have left

This figure is, of course, the Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow and made by Westwind. I think I picked him up from the Colours show in 2012 and he's been waiting for paint since

I assembled him, undercoated him black and then couldn't decide what colours to use. The Horseman in the Sleepy Hollow film is virtually all black, looks great but not a very inspiring colour scheme to replicate. After a brief discussion with my friend Steve, I found that Hessian cavalry wore both dark green and blue uniforms. I decided to go for the blue version as it would still be dark but lift it a bit

click picture to enlarge
 
Here are the other Sleepy Hollow figures I previously painted. I probably need to get a pack of the village elders to do the game I want so better get shopping
 


click pictures to enlarge
 
Now to start thinking about gaming!

3 comments:

  1. Great work on the Headless Horseman and the rst of the Sleepy Hollow cast there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have that HH figure buried in my lead pile somewhere. I remember thinking the horse looked truly demonic, and wanting to use it as the mount for a GW Chaos Marine. It's certainly big enough!

    ReplyDelete