Monday 24 June 2013

Zombie Plague Characters

Last year I went a bit mad on Kickstarter projects and ended up backing way too many

So far, I've received most of the Mantic Dreadball items that I chose, the only outstanding things being the season 3 characters that are forthcoming. They are roughly on schedule with their releases and seem to be one of the few that are

I also backed the Soda Pop Relic Knights game but when they announced there would be at least a further 6 months delay, only just prior to original date, I wasn't too impressed. Very little communications didn't help either so I asked for a refund and got that in due course. I might get into the game when/if it's released but it's left a rather sour taste for me

Still, amongst these issues there are one or two gems. Zombie Plague by R Squared Studios is one of these. I knew of the boardgame back when Fortress Figures produced quirky figures for it and had even downloaded the files and played it a few times. Now it's been re-released with nicely sculpted figures I thought I would chip in for a copy of the comic book/rules and a set of the characters. They all arrived in April, only a month or so after the original date which was pretty good going for a small concern

I worked on these figures whilst recovering from appendix surgery, they took a little longer than usually would but that was down to time I could paint for

Here are the four characters next to the original illustrations that I used for colour references whilst painting them. I did replace the original square plastic bases with some nice resin Fenris ones I had to hand

Lovely figures all of them, I will have to get the zombie ones when they come out. The photos are a bit dark, unfortunately the British summer is it's usual gloomy self ..


As usual, click all images to enlarge them


5 comments:

  1. Superbly painted - the very likeness of the images. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, might have to look out for some myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool,Nice paintjobs on those not to keen on the chainsaw chicks pose. They are being released separately at some point so I will pick some up at at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to see them all painted! Thanks for the kind review.
    Take care,
    Brian Roe

    ReplyDelete