Wednesday 19 September 2012

Tales of the Dragon Kings: Part 1

Two or three years ago I bought heavily into the Tales of the Dragon Kings range of 28mm Chinese mythology figures that Black Hat Miniatures released. I planned on assembling enough figures and scenery to run a series of games based in the vein of Monkey, The Water Margin and such films. Unfortunately, as many of my projects seem to happen, I never really got off the ground with it

Forward a couple of years to Colours and one of the few things I treated myself to was a new pack from this range. The panda adventurers contains two giant pandas and two red pandas (I mistakenly thought they were foxes until I checked)

click picture to enlarge

I used the same colour schemes as the ones on the Black Hat website, no idea what else to use so it seemed to make sense to borrow the 'official' ideas

Now this has made me consider whether I should dig out more of them & apply some paint. I'll ponder the decision and see what happens. Of course then I need to think about a rules set to use, maybe Song of Blades & Heroes from Ganesha Games

These were the only other figures I actually painted when I bought them originally, a pair of ghosts plus Monkey on his flying cloud

 click picture to enlarge

click picture to enlarge

4 comments:

  1. Sweet they look great, not my period of interest so I have no clue what they are meant to be but they are nice figures and you've done a great job on them. The Monkey thats cloud surfing is pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous! I've picked up some of those ghosts for the 'secret project' as well as one or two other things, but great to see them here and painted so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pandas! Great work. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I've just about convinced myself to carry on with more from this range so hopefully you will see some more shortly

    ReplyDelete