Sunday 2 September 2012

A Week In Paint

Despite no new posts for the last week, I have been busy with the brush & paints. Even though I have had the week off work I didn't really get to do any real painting until late on Tuesday

My real aim this week was to paint the remaining Bushido figures I have left. This was somewhat successful, with the six Bakemono goblins from the starter set plus one additional character Bakemono completed



click picture to enlarge

click picture to enlarge

I have another group of three of these to paint, those are the ones that can be summoned in a game to increase the horde size. These really are lovely figures, full of character in their evil looking faces. The miniatures are a bit fiddly to put together, with separate arms, heads and add-on bits. Nothing some good adhesive can't deal with though

click picture to enlarge

This Bakemono is the only character one I have at the moment, Tra-Peng the hunter. You can just make out a man-trap that he has slung over his shoulder

click picture to enlarge

I have quite a bit of Games Workshop Lord of the Rings range, both painted & unpainted. Even though I haven't played a game in a few years I got the urge to paint some of them. These Gondor Fountain Guard are lovely figures and I wanted some when they were first released. On reading they are being replaced with Finecast  I decided to pick up these metal ones cheap off of eBay. I'll have to watch the films again now though!

Finally, I wanted to clear some scenery bits that needed doing. The Ainsty checkpoint was in need of painting as I glued it together previously. The wooden shed was something I added to the Warbases order a while back and went together quickly and some card tiles on the roof finished it off nicely. Finally, the shop I got from PMC on eBay. It comes prepainted with a cream brick colour that I gave a quick red drybrush to make it match my other UK buildings. The windows and sign were also painted to lift it ready for use




4 comments:

  1. like those gobbos remind me very much of Gremlins. Nice work on all those buildings as well. I think that the shop is my favourite from this selection

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Tra-Peng the hunter fig, I've never seen that before now I'm on a mission to track it down. Good looking stuff all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shed mate!

    ReplyDelete