Monday 30 July 2012

Dystopian Wars: Wading Metzgers

My visit to the Attack wargames show, in Devizes last Saturday, was a last minute decision. I went without any purchase list (always a dangerous plan) but was pleased to come away with only a couple of things that needed to be painted. I was greatly tempted by a Rorke's Drift box set from Warlord mind you....

So, what did I buy?  A copy of the new Spartan Games Dystopian Wars Hurricane Season scenario book, plus a blister pack of a pair of wading Metzger robots for my Prussian force. The book is a lovely hardback thing (not a bad comment from someone in the print industry) and not only does it contain a full campaign to play but has the complete Antarctican force list plus new rules for landing craft. Spartan now produce some lovely resin models of these but I must resist for now as I still have an entire Prussian land force to paint

Anyway, yesterday, whilst trying to avoid all of the Olympic television coverage, I painted both of the Metzger robots. I sort of followed the Spartan picture for one but left off the large red cross on the chest piece whilst the other I painted using the Vallejo German grey that I had painted my fleet in

Both robots took a total of three hours to paint including leaving them to dry for the matt varnish. Quite happy with the look but I now want a walking one as well!

click picture to enlarge
 
click picture to enlarge

5 comments:

  1. They look tremendous, great job Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks fantastic, no wonder you want a land walking version. The water effect you have done looks fantastic mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look very cool, I love the water effects too, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. The one in German armour grey is particularly fine.
    -Curt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking very good....can't wait to blow them out of the water!

    A.

    ReplyDelete